If you’re located in California, we know you’ve been feeling the recent heat wave. (Is it us, or has global warming sped up the seasons here?) It’s important to stay hydrated– that’s why we love sipping on cool water with orange slices.
But what’s something that also needs to be stored properly? Your skincare bottles and jars, especially when you’ve spent precious salary dollars on the best you can find.
A few tips about dealing with skincare in the heat:
- Keep your oils and creams in a place that’s not your bathroom
- Coconut oil melts over 76 degrees F
- If something smells strange, it’s best to toss it
- Try not to leave any skincare products in the car- lip balms and lotions are likely to melt
- They’re actually best when refrigerated- humidity and oxidation will degrade oils
- Put your cosmetics into a fridge that’s dedicated SOLELY to oils- food in the refrigerator may take on the scents of your cosmetics, which will then taste like perfume.
Looking for more awesome tips? Lifehacker has some good suggestions here!