One of the things I love most about skincare is that it can be incredibly simple. When I was working in Taiwan, I’d be looking for something easy to soothe any kind of inflammation for my skin and face. Usually, it’d be from ingredients already lying around my apartment.
Here’s a mask recipe I convinced my cousins and aunt to try out with me:
- organic coconut oil, honey, and oats
- a measuring spoon and bowl
- Measure half a tablespoon of the coconut oil
- Measure half a tablespoon of oats
- Measure a teaspoon of honey
- Combine all into a paste
- Using clean hands, massage the paste gently into your face
- Close your eyes and leave on for 15 minutes
- Wash it off
It’s pretty simple! According to Livestrong, oats have been found to be a safe exfoliant, and helps soothe the skin. Honey is anti-bacterial and has anti-inflammatory properties. The best part of this recipe has to be the coconut oil! This oil is one of my favorite oils, with its rich coconut-y scent and lauric acid. The best part is? You can actually eat this delicious recipe 🙂
Stay tuned for more fun posts!
*disclaimer: do not attempt if you are allergic to any of these ingredients. feel free to exchange for other oils like grapeseed oil, macademia oil or sunflower oil*