Happy Earth Day everyone! While it’s wonderful to think about being green today, we encourage everyone to consider living greener all year round. In honor of Earth Day, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite sustainable living ideas from around the web. As a special thank you to our readers, we’ve included a flash sale coupon code in our blog post!
- Using Energy Star Appliances because they use 10-50% less energy than typical models.
- Purchase a spider plant for your home: putting one in your bathroom will naturally help purify the air.
- Shower instead of bathe: you use up to 14% less water.
- Purchase frozen vegetables and fruit: they’re just as nutritious as fresh produce!
- Break apart your bananas from the bunch when you get home: this helps to increase the amount of time that they’ll be fresh in your fruit bowl.
- Freeze herbs like rosemary, thyme, and oregano in olive oil or butter. The best to accomplish this? Putting them into ice cube trays!
- Switch to CFL bulbs: they can help save up to $300 per year compared to incandescent ones.
- Use the “sleep” function your computer: this can bring your PC energy consumption down to $20 per year.
- For great resources on climate education, Earth Day Network offers a free Climate Education Week for students.
- Want to find Earth Day events in your country? Search for yours here!
- Make sure you recycle whenever possible
- Use stainless steel water bottles and metal straws instead of plastic ones
- Plant trees
- Use cloth napkins instead of disposable ones
- Try out bamboo toothbrushes
Green Beauty Products
And last but not least, purchase eco-friendly products! Our Wonderland Organics products are made with certified organic, natural, and wildcrafted ingredients, and packaged in recyclable glass bottles. Just for Earth Day, we’re offering a coupon of 20% with code “earthday”.
What are your thoughts on green living all year round? Let us know in the comments below!