TGIF! As you all know, Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday. It’s disheartening to think that we take our moms for granted until this day, which is why I really enjoyed watching this video about the world’s toughest job here. It’s an amazing prank video by user CardStore interviewing applicants for a fake job that’s basically on call 24/7.
There’s a ton of Mother’s Day Specials going on, but there’s a lot that you can do to show your appreciation for your mom that won’t cost a week’s salary.
Ideas (not just limited to Mother’s Day)
- Make a private Youtube slideshow with funny, candid and memorable photos, to your mom’s favorite songs
- Create some IOU’s for when she’s tired: “Coupon good for 2 laundry washes” “Available for 3 great home-cooked meals”
- Take her shopping for something that she would actually like
- Prepare unexpected meals when the whole family is around
- Pick a bouquet of flowers growing out of your own backyard
- Have fruit trees? Pick, wash and serve the fruit for dessert
- If you don’t live at home, write snail mail on funny or adorable stationary
Have a fantastic Mother’s Day to all you amazing moms, from my family to yours!